Friday, August 7, 2009

COLLECTING

Collections have a significance in our lives in defining many things about ourselves. I've collected penguins since about 12 years old. I have movies, books, stationary, pens, erasers, nick-knacks, even a mini vacuum cleaner. My family is constantly trying to find unique penguin items. For a long time all my Christmas and birthday items were themed around this collection. I had to ask my family not to buy every penguin they saw because most of them are boxed up except in winter. Now I've started frogs in the yard. Wind chimes are another of my favorites. As you can see, I like to decorate in themes. Deviation from the theme is a big no-no. My family is becoming better able to refrain from abundance and see my creativity. Now there is a greater variety at gift times. But, those penguins still sneak their way in at times. Native American spirituality speaks of animal and spirit guides. I guess mine would be penguins and frogs. I'll have to research them.

No comments: